1. Vietnam is the largest exporter of cashews in the world, and the second largest exporter of rice.
2. Instead of bells, traditional gongs are used to call the Vietnamese children to school.
3. Although Vietnam is a developing country, it has a literacy rate of 94%.
4. Among all developing countries, Vietnam has one of the lowest unemployment rates.
5. You can find a B52 American Bomber Wreck in Vietnam’s West Lake.
6. An estimated ten million motor bikes travel on the roads of Vietnam every day.
7. Ruou ran (snake wine), a Vietnamese specialty of rice wine with a pickled snake inside, allegedly can cure any sickness.
8. The most common surname in Vietnam is Nguyen.
9. The Vietnamese keep potbelly pigs as pets.
10.The Vietnamese language has six different tones. A change in tone changes the meaning of the word. This makes their language somewhat difficult to learn.