1. Kazakhstan is the 9th largest country by area.
2. The people living in Kazakhstan represent more than 120 nationalities.
3. The country has a density of less than 6 people per square kilometer.
4. The word Kazakh can be translated to “independent” or “wanderer.”
5. It is believed that it is in Kazakhstan where man first rode a horse, thousands of years ago.
6. The New Year for Kazakhs is called Nauryz, and it is celebrated on the 22nd of March.
7. Kazakhstan is landlocked, but it has a naval force, which is based on the similarly landlocked Caspian Sea.
8. The default order of coffee in Kazakhstan is a mug of sugar with some coffee – Kazakhs like their coffee very sweet!
9. In the bakeries of Kazakhstan, you can buy sweets, cakes, pastries – and sausages.
10. The sun in the flag of Kazakhstan has 32 beams, symbolizing progress and abundance.