1. Kazakhstan is the 9th largest country by area.
2. The people living in Kazakhstan represent more than 120 nationalities.
3. The country has a density of less than 6 people per square kilometer.
4. The word Kazakh can be translated to “independent” or “wanderer.”
5. It is believed that it is in Kazakhstan where man first rode a horse, thousands of years ago.
6. The New Year for Kazakhs is called Nauryz, and it is celebrated on the 22nd of March.
7. Kazakhstan is landlocked, but it has a naval force, which is based on the similarly landlocked Caspian Sea.
8. The default order of coffee in Kazakhstan is a mug of sugar with some coffee – Kazakhs like their coffee very sweet!
9. In the bakeries of Kazakhstan, you can buy sweets, cakes, pastries – and sausages.
10. The sun in the flag of Kazakhstan has 32 beams, symbolizing progress and abundance.
Hello fellow travelers! My name is Mary and I am the main author of Traveling East. Just like any other travel enthusiasts, traveling has also been our passion! For inquiries, suggestions or anything travel related, please feel free to send us an E-mail at email@example.com.