1. Around 50% of Uganda’s population survives on less than one dollar a day.
2. There are still untapped large crude oil and natural gas reserves in Uganda.
3. Uganda is a conservative society; it is generally unacceptable for women to wear skimpy clothing.
4. In Uganda, “skimpy” is defined as “not reaching your ankles.”
5. The average church service in Uganda lasts between 4 to 6 hours.
6. In Uganda, homosexuality is forbidden by law and is considered a punishable crime.
7. The Internet connection in Uganda is very slow, with many Internet cafes running only off mobile phones.
8. The main transportation vehicle in Uganda are bicycles.
9. Uganda is one of the top countries in the world when it comes to alcohol consumption.
10. Ugandans love meat stews, but the “meat” is not just the meat – it’s also the animal’s liver, stomach, intestines, tongue, etc. The Ugandan cook wastes nothing.
Hello fellow travelers! My name is Mary and I am the main author of Traveling East. Just like any other travel enthusiasts, traveling has also been our passion! For inquiries, suggestions or anything travel related, please feel free to send us an E-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.